2024 Golf Business Pulse Report
An Immersion Into Current and Future Trends Impacting Golf Facility Operations
NGCOA has released the 2024 Golf Business Pulse Report, sponsored by Pepsi. The Golf Business Pulse Report, initiated in 2022, was once again developed and produced in partnership with Sports and Leisure Research Group. This insightful publication examines emerging trends and critical issues for the year ahead, a macro perspective on the state of golf course operations, and a deeper analysis into three key operating areas: Operations, Agronomy and Marketing.
This year’s report incorporates perspectives drawn from in-depth interviews conducted with NGCOA members and a comprehensive and empirical survey of 242 facility owners and operators on emerging trends and critical issues for the year ahead. Readers will notice year over year trending analysis, revealing significant shifts and developments. The results show attitudes and perceptions on significant challenges, opportunities and issues, and determine the extent of their impact on golf facility performance optimization. This report explores technology, labor issues, inflation, automation, gamification, smart ranges and more — we take off the gloves to finely peel back the layers of not only which trends golf course owners and operators are embracing, but heavy challenges they’re facing.
Here are some owner/operator sentiments contained within the report:
- 68% of golf facilities need to focus more on providing alternatives to the 18-hole round
- 73% of golf courses need more forward tees
- 74% believe golf ranges will become a significant new revenue source over the next several years
- 87% agree that golf needs to do a better job of managing the customer journey of golfers once they complete their initial introduction to the game
- Nearly 70% agree that golf continues to be a more viable leisure option than other activities that have reopened after COVID
Get the Full Report Today