Industry Initiatives

One meaningful way to grow the game and your golf business is by supporting nonprofit golf industry initiatives. There are myriad golf programs that bring awareness to, and raise funds for, deserving organizations, while bringing more players to your course. Below are just a few recent initiatives that NGCOA encourages you to support:


Women's Golf Day

Women’s Golf Day is an event celebrating girls and women playing golf and learning the skills that last a lifetime. It is a collaborative effort by a dedicated team, golf management companies, retailers and organizations all working together to engage, empower and support girls and women through golf. The four hour experience allows a simple and accessible platform to build a foundation and creates a network to support the continuation of golf no matter what skill level or interest while engaging them in a charitable cause with global impact from a local level.

Learn more about this initiative.


Patriot Golf Day — Folds of Honor 

Folds of Honor honors the sacrifice, shape lives, change lives and save lives through golf. Since 2007, Folds of Honor has carried forth this singular, noble mission: to provide educational scholarships to spouses and children of America’s fallen and disabled service-members.

Patriot Golf Day is the largest grassroots golf fundraiser in America. This year, Folds of Honor has partnered with PGA HOPE (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere). Last year, Patriot Golf Day raised over $7 million—which funded over 1,400 scholarships; donations received as a result of your efforts will enable both Folds of Honor and PGA HOPE to better serve the needs of Veterans and their families through the game of golf.

Learn more about this initiative.


ClubsHelp Foundation 100-Hole Challenge

Join the ClubsHelp 100-Hole Challenge, a fundraising activity that supports the local community or cause of the golf course's choosing. The 100-Hole Challenge may be played at the course's convenience, and can adhere to today's social distancing protocols. 90% of the funds raised during your event will be donated to your local or favorite charity; the remaining 10% goes to ClubsHelp Foundation, a 501(c)3, for national support of frontline responders, hospitals and food banks in times of emergency or disasters.)

Learn more about this initiative.


The Salute Military Golf Association

The SMGA’s mission is to provide rehabilitative golf programs, experiences, and family inclusive golf opportunities for post 9/11 wounded war veterans in an effort to improve the quality of life for these American heroes. The Salute Military Golf Association aims to meld a love of country and love of golf in an effort to support the mental and physical rehabilitation programs of post-9/11 wounded and injured veterans. SMGA golf professionals, skilled in teaching adaptive golf, understand the unique needs of veterans returning home from service and have witnessed first-hand the powerful benefits the game of golf can provide in improving quality of life of wounded service men and women.

Learn more about this initiative.


Golf Program in Schools

Golf Program in Schools is a 501c3 founded by a Christian veteran and dedicated to enhancing the quality of lives for kids and students, growing the game of golf and increasing the revenue at local host golf courses.

Since its inception in 2015, Golf Program in Schools have introduced the valuable life lessons of persistence, achievement, trustworthiness, honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect, and healthy lifestyle. Golf Program in Schools has introduced the lifelong benefits of golf to over 42,500 students in the West Phoenix Valley and the program has won seven awards, including congressional recognition.  

Golf Program in Schools acts as a community marketing arm for the golf course bringing the junior golfers, families, and the surrounding communities to the golf course for lessons, community events and golf tournaments.  

Learn more about this initiative.